Locate War Buddies
(Private Database)


Where to Use Your 
Veteran ID Card, VA ID Card, Veterans Driver's License Card, and Veteran Organization Card

Veteran ID Card

Veterans Discount Directory
Listing of Veteran-Friendly Merchants

Request Free Urn

Free Urn Request


When a Minnesota Veteran dies, families/loved ones can contact Free Urns for Veterans. The following 3 items are required: 

  • A completed urn request form.  If you would like to request an urn, please download the urn request form document. Email or mail completed urn request form to Free Urns for Veterans.
  • A copy of the Veteran’s discharged paper, i.e., DD Form 214 or other official discharge documents.   Eligible veterans who have met minimum active service duty and who were discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.

(NOTE: For security purposes, if the DD Form 214 or other official documents contain the Veteran's Social Security number, please make sure that the number is blacked out.)

  • A copy of the Veteran's cremation certificate. (When certificate becomes available.)